Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

FOF - Focus on Food - 2014 Focus #1



With 2014 just days away I have been brain storming ideas for new year's focuses or themes. For me, resolutions and goals are too limiting and have a end state. Having goals are necessary to get anywhere in life but the themes/visions/focuses will keep you going when the goal is hit.

I had an end state to hitting my Weight a Watcher goal weight of 160 in December of 2012. Once I hit that goal, I fell into the slippery slope of falling back to old habits and a year later I have 14 pounds to lose to get back to that goal.

This new year, I am adopting focuses that will get me to my goals and keep me going before during and after I hit the goals. And, YES, I will hit them!!! 

The first focus I am adopting is "Focus on Food." 

I have execercise and activity nailed. I easily workout 4-6 days a week and have become one of "those people" who really enjoys exercise.

As I learned years ago from an impactful personal trainer, Ron Walton (supertrainer1@gmail.com), is that food is 80%-90% of hitting any fitness goal. It doesn't matter if you are trying to lose weight or gain weight or body build or run a marathon or whatever FOOD is the key to success for any of these fitness goals. Working out is great but to truly see succees get your handle on food.

So today, I have returned to tracking my Weight Watchers points plus values. You aren't a Weight Watchers member? No worries, there are many FREE ways you can track your food:

-Paper journal
-My Fitness Pal (http://www.myfitnesspal.com)
-Livestrong (http://www.livestrong.com)

As you track, pay attention to what shows up and adjust little by little. Is your face getting thinner? Are you sleeping better? Is the number on the scale moving in the right direction?

As you continue focusing on food your biggest "problem" might just be setting new goals to conquer!!!

No comments: