Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

"Do You Think I Have Too Many Emails?" If you have to ask.....

There's an old saying about asking about the "market price" for lobster, "If you have to ask for the price then you can't afford it." 

The same holds true for emails in your email box. "If you have to ask 'Do I have too many emails?' then you probably should purge your email box."

Last week, a great friend of mine asked for help with her email. She shared that she wasn't able to receive any emails. She also shared that she got a few "your mailbox is full" emails. 

I knew right way that some purging needed to be done. I was on her iPad and started deleting emails about 5-10 at a time. I had a feeling quite a bit needed to be deleted. 

I switched to a web browser and opened up her email account. I gasped at the total number of emails....



42,000

I asked her if there were any important emails that we needed to keep. Fortunately, she was "over" all of the emails and said, "Delete them all." 

Additional fortune came our way when I saw the "Delete All" button. I asked a second time "Ok to delete all?" I got the thumbs up, I clicked the Delete All. My friend gave a big sigh of relief.


Maintenance


Now that my friend has shed all of the excess emails, it's time to enter maintenance mode. I shared with her her new mantra, 


"Unsubscribe, unsubscribe, unsubscribe." 

When an "extraneous" email comes in, be sure to click the "unsubscribe" link in the email. Be ruthless or that 42,000 number will show up again. It's all about maintaining the clear email box.

Do you have too many emails?
If you need to Delete All from your email box here are some steps I found for Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, Hotmail and Verizon Mail.

Oh, and don't forget to Unsubscribe from all of the "extra" email lists that no longer apply or serve you. Maintenance is key!!!!

Gmail

Step 1 - Select All
-click the Square with the downward pointing triangle
-click "All"














Step 2 - Trash
-click the trash can button


















Yahoo Mail

  1. Click the checkbox next to the delete "trash can."
  2. Click Delete.





AOL Mail 
(see this link: http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/microsite.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=72643)



HotMail

  1. Go to your Inbox. 
  2. Click Sweep.
  3. Click "Delete all from..."
  4. Select "Inbox."




Verizon Mail


  1. Go to your Inbox
  2. Click the Empty button.




No comments: